Do you feel like you’ve been waiting forever to get matched? The good thing is, nothing lasts forever, and that’s quite true. Your time to get picked will come. While waiting to get matched, review your profile, and work on making it stand out.
One popular question we get from our donors is How do I make my profile stand out? The best advice we can give is: always BE YOURSELF. Make your profile a reflection of who you are, and the person you want to be. Let your profile speak for yourself. Make it alive as if you are there personally, talking to Intended Parents looking at your profile. It only takes Intended Parents a few minutes to scan over so many profiles. Those minutes are crucial, so you should make it count. Make an impact, make a connection.
So what is the formula to a stand out profile? Here are a few things you can do.
- Highlight your best. Your aim here is to make your profile stand out. Highlight your best qualities such as your hobbies, talents, personal and educational achievements, etc. Bring out your personality, let it radiate. Talk about things you are passionate about. A stand-out profile will always come out as honest and sincere, never exaggerated.
- Pay attention to every detail. This one really counts. Look at your profile as your resume. Be aware of typos and wrong spellings, incomplete sentences, we understand that the application is long and asks for a lot of information. Give yourself ample time to sit down & complete the application.
- Choose your pictures wisely. You have 25 slots to impress Intended Parents. IP’s would love to see you at different stages of your life. Therefore, use this platform wisely, and don’t just add random pictures you can find to fill the slots. We understand that not everybody can provide childhood photos, but the more pictures, the better. Always choose flattering pictures that bring out the best in you. Please use caution when you are adding too many selfies. Instead, we suggest good quality head shots taken by another person. Add a few photos of your family, Intended Parents would love to know more about you.
- Consider adding a short video. A short 10-minute video is all it takes, and we can even assist you with this! We will record it for you via Zoom (a video conference platform). You’ll be asked to answer 4 easy questions and we’ll record your answers, edit and upload the video on your profile.
- Always update your profile every 6 months. A lot can change in the next six months. You may have graduated college, moved to a new city, gotten a new job, got married and had a baby. Always make sure to keep your profile updated. For you, these events may not seem related, but it does.
For now, enjoy the moment and think positive. There will always be Intended Parents looking for the right donor, looking for the right fit, and the right time.