If a couple is unable to build or expand their family in the ways that they hoped; they need the help of someone else. This couple is searching for the right method to fit their fertility needs.
There are so many benefits to being an egg donor. It isn’t easy to be the donor. It is time consuming and at times can require you to rearrange your schedule to meet the needs of the egg donation cycle. However, there are some amazing rewards to being an egg donor.
Being a donor has many benefits that may not be realized from the beginning.
- Your donation benefits the intended parents and the potential child. It may seem obvious but to the intended parents that you are a hero. The egg donor is the one to make their desire to have a healthy child in their lives come true. You are amazing!!
- As an egg donor, you will help to create a mom, dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles & cousins. As an egg donor, you are helping to make dreams come true & create a family. The child will be able to have parents that will love and raise it, the child will also know that they were loved and chosen because his or her parents went through a lot of heartache to conceive.
- You are offering the greatest act of giving. All over the world there are infertile couples that are finding it hard to eliminate their fertility issues. 15% of couples are infertile and search for options to help them have a family. The egg donor gets to be that gift for the couple, allowing them the ability to have a family. This is one of the most trusting and noble things that any woman can do, giving your egg to another to have a child they would otherwise not have. You will forever be a part of that family’s story.
- There are selfish benefits as well. It may seem selfish to think of the benefits that are only yours. It is generous to become an egg donor and you will be remembered by the couple forever, however you will be compensated by participating in an egg donation cycle. An individual will be compensated anywhere from $7,000 to $14,000 for their time and commitment.
- Another benefit is that of the egg will often be screened medically to qualify for the process and it can help a donor learn more about themselves and their genetic makeup. You will learn if you are a carrier of any genetic mutation, you will learn about your own genetic health. Lastly, you are doing something not many would do. You are selflessly helping to create a family & that is amazing. We are so thankful for you & so very proud of you!
No matter the circumstances that have caused you to decide to be an egg donor, never forget that you are doing one of the most selfless things another person can give an infertile couple.
As a donor you will not only be giving a child the ability to grow healthy, happy, and loved. You are also offering an infertile couple a chance that they may never have gotten another way. If you are interested in learning more about the rewards of being an egg donor we encourage you to contact the caring staff at Egg Donor Solutions. We also invite you to share with your friends. There are so many couples waiting for someone like you to help them!
What is Egg Donation, Can I be an Egg Donor, Egg Donation Process, Common Egg Donation Questions, Becoming an Egg Donor, Qualifying as an Egg Donor, Egg Donation, Egg Donor process, Why to go through an agency?, Egg Donation Overview.