Writing a letter to your egg donor is a meaningful way to express your gratitude and establish a connection with her. Here are some tips to consider when crafting your letter:
- Let her get to know you: Share information about yourself and your story. Discuss your hobbies, career, and the importance of having a child. If you are a couple, you can also include details about how you met and the length of your relationship. This will help the donor understand who you are and create a connection.
- Explain why you chose her: It’s essential to communicate why you selected the donor among other potential candidates. You can mention shared interests, similar physical features, her motivations for becoming an egg donor, or any other reasons that resonated with you. Expressing your appreciation for her unique qualities will make her feel valued.
- Acknowledge her commitment and sacrifice: Recognize the efforts and sacrifices the donor has made throughout the process. Being an egg donor involves adhering to strict guidelines, self-administering injections, attending medical appointments, and potentially traveling away from home. Show gratitude for her commitment and emphasize how much her contribution means to you.
- Share your vision for the future: Describe the life you envision with your future children. Explain what having a child will mean for you, your partner, the grandparents, and the extended family. By painting a picture of the family you hope to create, you can help the donor understand the profound impact she is making.
- Take your time: Don’t feel rushed to finish the letter in one sitting. Take the time to reflect on your emotions and carefully choose your words. It’s normal for it to take multiple drafts before you feel satisfied with the letter’s content.
- Seek examples and assistance if needed: If you’re finding it challenging to start or structure the letter, you can refer to examples of letters from former intended parents on the Egg Donor Solutions website. These examples can provide inspiration and guidance. Additionally, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Egg Donor Solutions team for support and assistance.
Remember, the letter is an opportunity to connect with your egg donor and express your appreciation for her selflessness. It can have a profound impact on her, validating her decision to help create a family.
Donor sibling registry, egg donation process, Egg Donor Solutions, Intended Parents, Why use an agency?, Intended Parent Resources, Intended Parent Webinar, Getting started, Why our agency?, Selecting your donor.